Be proud of your cultural heritage and share it with us and the rest of the world.
2018 is the European Year of Cultural Heritage and we want to be part of it too. Cultural heritage is important part of our lives and each of us should do their best to preserve it for future generations. Therefore, we have decided to support preservation of cultural heritage in a digital form by introducing a competition.
Because we care for cultural heritage all around the world, we would like to see 3D models of all sorts of heritage from all places around the world.
The aim of this competition is to create a 3D model of what is, or what you consider to be cultural heritage and deserves to be preserved in a digital form. And, more importantly, tell us a story of this place or item.
This competition will have 2 categories. Judges will select 3 best entries in each category which will win:
1st place: 12-month RealityCapture CLI license
2nd place: 6-month RealityCapture CLI license
3rd place: 3-month RealityCapture CLI license
The CLI version, is our most powerfull version of RealityCapture, which also includes the support for command-line/batch processing. Read more here.
1st category: For RC license holders - A 3D model of a cultural heritage object
Create a 3D model in RealityCapture, upload your creation to Sketchfab and our Forum page and share it on social media.
- RealityCapture software must be used.
- No post-processing by other tools.
- When uploading to Sketchfab, use tags #RCforculture and #realitycapture (required), #EuropeForCulture (optional).
- Post your model to our Forum page dedicated to this competition (required).
- Feel free to share your work on your social media or our Capturing Reality Arena.
- Make screenshots of your model in RealityCapture and post them to Forum page - not required, but highly appreciated.
When sharing on social media, if possible, please tag Capturing Reality.
2nd category: For newbies to RC - A workflow video on processing of a cultural heritage object
Create a video workflow of the model creation process in RealityCapture (RC Demo can be used for this purpose). The object of processing, as well as the process will be judged.
- RealityCapture application must be clearly visible in the video.
- We propose that you use a screen grabber integrated in RealityCapture, however feel free to use other tools, add music, etc.
- Include the company name (Capturing Reality) and its logo.
- Upload the video on your YouTube* channel and post it to our Forum page(required).
- Feel free to share your work on your social media or our Capturing Reality Arena, as well.
- Max. length: 30 seconds.
*Chinese users may upload their work on Youku (instead of YouTube), since region specific YouTube restriction.
This is a sample video
(downloadable logo here -
CyArk, Thomas Flynn (Sketchfab), Martin Bujnak (Capturing Reality CEO)
- Only entries created in RealityCapture software will be accepted.
- No post-processing is allowed. Models created in RealityCapture should be uploaded directly to Sketchfab. By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed with the terms & conditions of this competition.
- All entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The winners will be contacted within 7 business days after the end of the competition.
- The prize draw is not open to Capturing Reality employees or their families.
- The participants automatically give rights to Capturing Reality to use the result of their work for marketing purposes.
- The winners in both categories will provide CR with the project result or source data for marketing purposes.
- Each participant retains the intellectual property, Capturing Reality will not take credit for the models entered into the competition, and when used for promotional purposes, the owner of the model will be clearly stated.
- Promoter: Capturing Reality s.r.o.
Deadline: 11 May 2018, 23:59 UTC+1:00